WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – An Ohio Valley favorite holiday tradition is making a return this week.
Festival of Trees opens Friday at the Oglebay Institute Stifel Fine Arts Center on National Road.
19 holiday-themed trees will go on display until November 22.
On Friday night, we are opening Festival of Trees at 6 p.m. with a festive celebration featuring Wheeling Park High School’s Young Patriots Choir, their culinary department with some delicious desserts, a catered hors deuvres hour, and of course, dozens of decorated trees.Micah Underwood, Director of Development at Oglebay Institute
People can come in and place a silent auction bid but each tree also has a ‘buy-it-now’ price.
Panhandle Cleaning and Restoration will provide free delivery for any trees that are sold.
All proceeds go to Oglebay Institute, which opened its doors five years ago.
- Taylor Swift tweets at President Trump: ‘We’ll vote you out’
- Happening Now: Rally against police brutality held in East Liverpool
- 13 Ohio coronavirus cases now traced back to January
- LIVE UPDATES: NASA launches 2 astronauts into orbit on SpaceX rocket for historic mission
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting