The JB Green Team is hosting an event this weekend to help you to get rid of those old hazardous materials sitting around your house that you can’t throw away.
This Saturday, August 18, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. you can take those hazardous materials to the former KMart parking lot at the Ohio Valley Mall.
Some of the items being accepted include:
• Household Cleaners – bleach, ammonia, carpet cleaner, oven cleaner
• Lawn & Garden Chemicals – pesticides and herbicides
• Various Pool Chemicals; aerosols
• Oil-based paint and paint-related products such as thinner, primer, stain, sealer, varnish, and shellac
• Solvents, strippers, turpentine, Wood preservatives
• Kerosene, lighter Fluid, Gasoline
• Roof Coating and driveway sealer
• Light bulbs with mercury, including 4 ft., 8 ft., U-Bend, Circular, or Incandescent compact fluorescents
• Batteries – Lead Acid, Lithium, NiCad, Alkaline, Mercury
• Automotive Fluids – Motor oil, Antifreeze, Transmission Fluid
• Propane cylinders (grill-sized and smaller), Fire Extinguishers, Freon/Helium Cylinders
• Mercury and Mercury debris
Items that will NOT be accepted include:
• No Contractor, industry or school waste
• No PCBs, transformers, and capacitors
• No Compressed Gases (other than propane)
• No Explosives/Ammunition
• No Medical/Infectious wastes
• No DEA Controlled Substances
• No Smoke Detectors/Radioactive waste
• No Computers, Televisions, and Tires
Because of traffic flow in and out of the collection, JB Green Team said they ask residents to follow traffic ENTRANCE/EXIT SIGNS and remain in your vehicle.
The HHW Collection Company staff will remove all the items from vehicles at the event in order to keep traffic flowing and for safety reasons, as well as to ensure all materials are properly placed and separated to not cause reactions.
Please contact the Belmont County JB Green Team Offices at (740) 296-5376 if you have any questions about the collections.