WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Ohio Valley residents woke up early Saturday morning to lace up their sneakers for the American Heart Association’s annual Heart Walk.
Hosted by Wheeling Hospital, this year’s heart walk was held at Oglebay Park.
The Heart Walk is the AHA’s premier event for raising funds to save lives from this country’s No. 1 and No. 5 killers – heart disease and stroke.
This year’s walk in Wheeling featured the largest attendance to date.
Our numbers, we’re still counting, but it looks like we’re going to have over 500 people today. As of yesterday [October 18], we raised $91,000. I’m very confident we’ll crack the $100,000 mark today. Biggest heart walk we’ve had in the Ohio Valley!Ryan Jerico, Development Director of the American Heart Association
The next Ohio Valley Heart Walk is set for October 17, 2020
- Taylor Swift tweets at President Trump: ‘We’ll vote you out’
- Happening Now: Rally against police brutality held in East Liverpool
- 13 Ohio coronavirus cases now traced back to January
- LIVE UPDATES: All systems go for on-time launch of historic crewed NASA, SpaceX mission
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting