WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – The Osiris Shrine Circus officially arrived at the Capitol Theatre on Monday following a hectic couple of weeks.
Officials spent the morning and afternoon setting up for the event.
Lions and tigers could be found on stage and elephant rides were available outside of Capitol Theatre in the parking lot.
The circus was abruptly relocated from WesBanco Arena following the discovery of an ice-making equipment malfunction.
Renovations are currently taking place at the arena with the Wheeling Nailers home-opener as an endgame.
The circus was met with some criticism, however.
A handful of local residents gathered outside the Capitol Theatre to protest the carnival for its treatment of animals.
- Workforce West Virginia rolls out survey; looking to better prepare employers
- Facebook deletes Trump post for violating ‘harmful COVID misinformation’ policy
- Bipartisan push in Congress looks to replace Confederate statue in Washington with one of John Lewis
- There hasn’t been a July this dry in recorded history in the Ohio Valley
- WV agriculture commissioner Leonhardt tours Wheeling’s Public Market