WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Irish Catholics are marking December 8 as a day of prayer and fasting for survivors of sexual abuse by clergy members.
A Rosary prayer service was held outside St. Joseph Cathedral in North Wheeling Saturday morning recognizing those victims.
About 30 people were in attendance, consisting of numerous congregations and some survivors as well.
We’ve seen a lot of things happen within the diocese within the past year. We want to let the victims know there are people who are praying for them and supporting them.Craig Oleary, organizer
Organizers also say they chose this location to capture the Bishop’s attention to let him know that they’re not letting this go until further changes are made within the Diocese.
- ‘There is power in connection’: Valley church congregations double as Easter moves online
- President Trump addresses a nation in for “the hardest and saddest week”
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Scott Nolte Selected to the OVAC Hall of Fame
- Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for COVID-19