WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Irish Catholics are marking December 8 as a day of prayer and fasting for survivors of sexual abuse by clergy members.
A Rosary prayer service was held outside St. Joseph Cathedral in North Wheeling Saturday morning recognizing those victims.
About 30 people were in attendance, consisting of numerous congregations and some survivors as well.
We’ve seen a lot of things happen within the diocese within the past year. We want to let the victims know there are people who are praying for them and supporting them.Craig Oleary, organizer
Organizers also say they chose this location to capture the Bishop’s attention to let him know that they’re not letting this go until further changes are made within the Diocese.
- Court filing: Former 10tv meteorologist Mike Davis expected to plead guilty to child porn charges
- Manhattan got a special visitor and more great videos
- Emily’s Friday a.m. forecast
- National Peanut Butter day and more trending stories
- ‘Introduction to Kansas City’: San Francisco columnist kicks off Super Bowl trash talk