(CNN/WTRF) – Following a big shopping bonanza on Black Friday, small businesses across the Ohio Valley will have a chance to get in on the fun.
Business owners across the country are getting ready for “Small Business Saturday,” an annual nationwide event that started just ten years ago.
The goal is to encourage consumers to ditch major retailers for a day and check out some mom and pop shops.
According to experts, more than two-thirds of the money spent at small businesses stay within the community.
- Chipotle launches clothing line dyed using leftover avocado pits
- Clorox wipes won’t be fully restocked in stores until 2021, says CEO
- Big Ten releases football schedule; Ohio State to play Michigan Oct. 24
- WV soldier’s surprise return brings his family to tears
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments