STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) – The Sycamore Center has been handing out free meals all week and Friday, the Easter bunny joined in to help.
The bunny helped hand out breakfast and lunch to Steubenville and surrounding area K-12 students, as well as their families during these uncertain times.
The Sycamore Center also doubled the breakfast and lunches for families to take home over Easter weekend.
The Easter bunny was brought in to lift the spirits and spread joy to area kids while doing something to help out the community.
I’ve had a wonderful team that has been helping out. We’ve had the Easter Bunny here today who has been helping us and the kids have been very excited to see the bunny bring their lunches to them. I thought I’d add a little bit of fun for the event as well.Bobby Jon Bauman, Director – Sycamore Youth Center
The community also helped out by donating food for the event. Kroger donated 500 bags and Team Motors gave a generous financial donation of over one thousand dollars.
- Belmont County sees record positive COVID-19 cases in 24 hours
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: DHHR reports 15 new COVID-19 related deaths; 969 new positive cases
- Nurses at East Liverpool hospital end 3-day strike, union seeks pact
- Village of Bellaire law enforcement trust fund owed over $23,000