The Wheeling Police Department would like to remind those traveling through the city to be aware of those participating in Saturday’s half marathon.
According to a press release, running and walking events will begin at 7:30 a.m., while the half marathon race will begin at 8 a.m. in downtown Wheeling.
The race is scheduled to last until about 11 a.m.
The Wheeling Police Department has issued the following reminders:
- Friday: Parking is permitted in these areas all day and evening on May 25th.
- Saturday: Patrol operations will be clearing the course of any vehicle parked in a posted “No Parking” area after 12:01 a.m. on Saturday May 26th.
- These areas will be bagged or clearly marked with signage.
- Parking will be permitted once the race fully concludes late Saturday morning.
- Areas that will be strictly enforced: Elm Grove Business District, Fulton area, parts of Downtown and Center/South Wheeling
- Vehicles will be towed if not properly moved in time for the race.
Spectators in the downtown area are being asked to park in the Robert C. Byrd Intermodal Transportation Center, 1401 Main Street, or other off-street parking venues.
If you are traveling on the race route, you are urged to go below the posted speed limit and be extra cautious of those running or walking.
Wheeling Police officers will be stationed at most major intersections.