WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – The city of Wheeling has been selected as a Signature City for ‘Sound the Alarm’ Campaign on Tuesday.
The American Red Cross is teaming up with the Wheeling Fire Department and local Ohio County Volunteer Fire Departments to install free smoke alarms in the area.
It’s all part of their ‘Sound the Alarm’ program where the organization is rallying 30,000 volunteers nationwide from fire departments and partners to install 100,000 free smoke alarms across the country.
Officials say they hope to install more than 700 alarms in Ohio County.
This all takes place from April 18 to May 3.
Volunteers are now being accepted and to request an alarm installation, visit Sound the Alarm.org or call 304-232-0712 and leave your name, number, and address.
- WVU snags running back recruit Johnson
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” goes on even in Pandemic
- ‘Pumpkins are like people’: Ohio Valley farmer chimes in on picking the perfect one