WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Local students were recognized Monday morning for their participation in the Wheeling YWCA “Project on Racism Essay Contest.”
Organizers received more than 400 entries for the project that annually honors the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The Wheeling YWCA treated winners to a breakfast and brief awards ceremony.
Students submitted entries for one of the following three categories: essay, film and song.
- Oglebay Park Golf Club Kicks Off Season
- Sunny Saturday and Sunday
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Cyclones Stymie Nailers, 3-0
- Super Tuesday countdown: Texas may be a make-or-break for 2020 Democratic candidates