The pumpkin drop is a hands-on STEM activity that combines creative thinking, engineering, and teamwork.
Groups of 4th and 5th graders team up to build a contraption to keep a pumpkin safe from a 35-foot drop.
Categories included most stable, most creative and most environmentally friendly.
Out of the 16 groups, only three kept their pumpkins completely safe.
The winners took home the coveted prize that is a pizza party.
- DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE: Bethlehem Volunteer FD sends out last call for late captain who served for over 70 years
- Digital Exclusive: Moundsville Man plays role in Mars Launch
- Digital Exclusive: Keeping the arts alive during the pandemic
- NukEm Comics hits goal on Kickstarter, so what’s next?
- Digital Exclusive: Local comic book developers look to publish first issue