On August 1st, Joseph Solomon started his kayaking journey down the Ohio River to raise mental health awareness.
On August 6th, Solomon made his stop in Wheeling.
On September 22nd, Solomon finished his 981-mile trip after 52 long days on the water.
Although this journey is complete, the kayaker plans to hit the river again in the next year or two so he can visit all of the people that helped along the way.
People that he calls “river angels.”
The GoFundMe is still open to donate to Santa Maria Youth Services in Cincinnati and the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
You can also follow along with future journeys on Facebook at Kayaking 4 a cause.
- Digital Exclusive: Hunter Burkey gives inspirational speech about living with autism
- What is the quarantine doing to relationship? A therapist weighs in
- Restaurants in West Virginia and Ohio reopen with limited capacity
- Digital Exclusive: Ghost Hunting coming back to Moundsville
- Digital Exclusive: Black Diamond Wrestling weekly, live events on Zoom