In the 2016-17 school year, Wetzel County Schools provided each student with their own laptop or device.
This year, the schools are implementing a system “Lightspeed Classroom” that allows teachers to monitor student computers from their desk.
The program allows teachers to make sure students are focusing on their work and not on any sites their not supposed to be on, like gaming sites.
Responses have been positive from teachers with hopes that it increases student’s focus on schoolwork.
- Digital Exclusive: Show of Hands spotlight, In the Mix Bakery
- Digital Exclusive: Show of Hands spotlight, SMART Center
- Digital Exclusive: Show of Hands spotlight, Rachel’s on 16th
- Digital Exclusive: Democratic Debate & what the Ohio Valley wants discussed
- Digital Exclusive: The Meadows Casino opens sportsbook