CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) – U.S. Sen. Shelley Moore Capito has filed for reelection and set up a possible 2020 showdown with former presidential candidate Richard Ojeda in West Virginia.
The Republican Capito announced she was running last year but officially submitted her reelection paperwork with the secretary of state on Friday.
Capito served seven terms in the U.S. House of Representatives before being elected as a U.S. senator in 2014.
Her move tees up a race between her and Ojeda, a Democrat who resigned a seat in the state Senate last year to mount a long-shot bid for the presidency, but quit about two months into the race.
- Foggy start with dry Monday ahead
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars
- Linsly gets past Central in the state semifinal game
- Linsly falls in State Championship
- 2-time Daytona 500 champ Johnson ready for one final ride