BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – Matins Ferry and St. Clairsville could be seeing some changes up top following general elections Tuesday evening.
Mayor races in both cities have been getting a lot attention in the weeks leading up to the vote.
St. Clairsville is currently facing controversy about whether to privatize their water system.
Bill Brooks and Kathryn Thalman, both members on the water committee, will run against incumbent Terry Pugh.
A fourth candidate in Tim Porter appears on the ballot but he withdrew from the races weeks ago.
John Davies challenges incumbent Mayor Bob Krajnyak in Martins Ferry.
Davies is a former Public Works Director and councilman in the city.
Stay with 7News for local election updates and results.
- October starts sunny but clouds will build later in the day
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- CA House Band Of The Week: The John Marshall Monarchs
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings