WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Early voting is officially underway in Ohio County.
A special election will take on November 9 but some residents were already making their way to polls on Friday.
The special election is for an excess levy for Ohio County Schools, which will provide $19 million a year for five years.
School officials want to stress that this is a renewal not a new taxation.
The excess levy will help provide money for curriculum instruction, maintenance, transportation, community services, textbooks, salaries and preschool programs.
I would encourage people to continue to support public education in Ohio County. We have a fantastic school system because we have fantastic people that service our precious clients each and every day. We cant thank our community enough for the support they’ve given us in the past. We just ask to continue to give up that support.Dr. Kim Miller, Ohio County Superintendent
- ‘There is power in connection’: Valley church congregations double as Easter moves online
- President Trump addresses a nation in for “the hardest and saddest week”
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Scott Nolte Selected to the OVAC Hall of Fame
- Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for COVID-19