ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) – Residents in St. Clairsville have elected a new mayor.
Kathryn Thalman will take over that position previously held by Terry Pugh.
Thalman and Purgh were two of four names on the ballot.
The ballot also included William Brooks and Tim Porter, who dropped out of the race weeks ago.
St. Clairsville is currently in the midst of a battle involving the privatization of the city’s water.
Many residents have spoken out against the possible water sale to Aqua Ohio.
Thalman is a member of the city’s water committee.
- OVRTA bus driver tests positive for COVID-19
- Sen. Portman among group of Senators to introduce “Protect and Serve Act”
- “Be a Buddy, Not a Bully” campaign returns in October, promotes bullying awareness
- US-40 reduced to one lane in October
- Women’s soccer prepared for top-10 matchup with Oklahoma State on Friday