SMITHFIELD, Ohio (WTRF) – Voters across the Buckeye State are heading to the polls Tuesday to vote in the 2019 general elections.
Smithfield has remained a village for the last 225 years.
However, the population has taken a big hit over the years due to the loss of mining and steel jobs.
If residents approve the dissolution of the village, it will change is reportedly irreversible.
All administrative and financial responsibilities will then be passed down to Smithfield Township.
Many small towns in Ohio have disbanded over the last several years.
- Sen. Hoagland Announces Funding Approval for East Ohio Regional Hospital
- Veteran now Magistrate Judge nationally recognized for STILL being a hero
- Man steals puppy from couple at knifepoint in Arby’s parking lot
- A mission to preserve Mexican Folkloric Dance
- Puede Network brings Ivy League drive and leadership to underserved community