RACEWAY TOWNSHIP, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a 6-year-old boy was killed when he was thrown from and trapped beneath an ATV that overturned in a field.
Sawyer Overman was driving down a gravel road in Recovery Township with his 8-year-old brother when the accident occurred around 7:30 p.m. Monday.
The Mercer County sheriff’s office says Overman over-corrected and lost control of the ATV and it soon overturned, ejecting and trapping the boys.
His older brother soon freed himself from the ATV and went for help.
Sawyer Overman was taken to a hospital but was pronounced dead there a short time later. His brother was treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
- PHOTOS: Flying squirrel trafficking ring busted by Florida wildlife officials
- ‘We owe it to these kids’: Gov. DeWine urges masks, distancing to keep in-person learning
- 69 of 88 Ohio counties considered high incidence of coronavirus under CDC guidelines
- Man charged with child endangering after leaving 7-year-old daughter alone to go to strip club
- WV Early voting begins tomorrow, more than 130K absentee ballots requested