SPRINGFIELD, S.C. (CNN) – A nine year old boy died after his father accidentally shot him while hunting.
Colton Williams was out rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend on Thanksgiving when his dad accidentally shot him, according to family members. The group was hunting in Orangeburg County.
Colton was a fourth grade student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston. The Williston School District says counselors will be at the school on Monday and will be available throughout the week, or longer, if needed.
- Bethany College warns returning students to pack COVID emergency bag
- Local woman celebrates her 100th birthday
- Mostly clear and comfortable Saturday night
- Gov. DeWine, First Lady test negative for COVID-19 for the second time
- President Trump seems ready, willing to bypass lawmakers on virus aid