CANONSBURG, Pa. (AP) – Authorities say an Ohio man was killed when a trench about 10 feet deep collapsed onto him as he was working on a sewer line in western Pennsylvania.
North Strabane Township police told The (Washington) Observer-Reporter that officers were called to the home at about 1:10 p.m. Friday but the victim’s body wasn’t recovered until a little before 5 p.m. Friday.
The Washington County medical examiner’s office identified the victim as 49-year-old Richard St. John of Bellaire, Ohio.
Officials said he didn’t live in the house but was one of several people tying the property to a municipal sewer line recently installed in the neighborhood. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating along with local police.
Information from: Observer-Reporter, http://www.observer-reporter.com
- Trump pushing for more transparency in health care costs
- Wheeling honors city’s first responders
- DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE- Black and Gold Digital Edition: Week 11
- Nine-year-old child genius to graduate university with electrical engineering degree
- Teens plead not guilty in death of woman at Hocking Hills State Park