BARBERTON, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a train struck a car on tracks in Ohio, killing the car driver.
CSX confirmed that a westbound train struck the vehicle in Barberton shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday. CSX said the driver died of his injuries. The train crew wasn’t injured. Barberton police haven’t released details about the crash.
The Summit County coroner’s office confirmed that the body of one person was recovered, but the name wasn’t being released pending notification of relatives.
CSX said “Our thoughts are with the individual’s family and we are appreciative of the swift response of first responders.”
- Living in New York City During the Pandemic
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- As first stimulus check looms, lawmakers working towards next round of relief
- COVID-19 racial disparities: Lawmakers call for action