ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) – Ohio State Highway Patrol is currently investigating a single-vehicle fatal crash in Belmont County.
The accident occurred on I-70 near milepost 212 in St. Clairsville at about 8:52 a.m. Monday.
A 2014 Chevrolet Impala was traveling eastbound before veering off the right side of the roadway and striking a guardrail and sign post.
The vehicle then overturned before striking a bridge pier.
The driver was identified as Scott McCormick, 63, of Bethesda, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities say McCormick was wearing a safety belt.
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- CA House Band Of The Week: The John Marshall Monarchs
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings
- Head coaches Aranda, Brown share mutual respect