WUHAN, China (KLAS) — The New York Times has reported what they say appears to be the first death of a U.S. citizen due to the coronavirus outbreak. The American lived in Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak.
According to the Times, the United States Embassy in Beijing said it was a 60-year-old. Few details are known.
“We offer our sincerest condolences to the family on their loss,” the embassy told the Times. “Out of respect for the family’s privacy, we have no further comment.”
- Biden Announces New Sanctions On Russia
- House panel votes to advance bill on slavery reparations
- WATCH: Army officer seen on video threatening Black man, saying he’s “in the wrong neighborhood”, Charges lodged
- 1 dead after section of Outer Banks bridge drops 110 feet into inlet
- Thursday George Floyd Case: Derek Chauvin Trial Live Stream