HARRISON COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – Ohio State Highway Patrol is currently investigating a single-vehicle fatal accident in Harrison County.
The crash reportedly happened around 5 a.m. on Sunday on State Route 151 near milepost 20.
A 2003 Peterbilt tractor-trailer hauling sand was traveling westbound when the driver failed to navigate a curve. The vehicle then veered off the left side of the road before hitting a guardrail and overturning.
The victim has been identified as Teddie C. Davis, 61, of New Bern, North Carolina.
Officials say Davis was not wearing a seat belt.
Alcohol and drugs are not suspected and the crash remains under investigation.
- Wildfires Bring Unhealthy Air Quality to Ohio Valley
- Bobo the Elephant Offers Joy to The Friendly City
- Youngstown teen accused of staging her disappearance remains in detention
- ‘I can taste the air’: Photos show smoke from Canadian wildfires lingering over Capitol, obscuring NYC skyscrapers
- Carlson Reed listed among top MLB Draft prospects