CLEVELAND (AP) — Police say an 11-year-old has been shot and killed while attending a birthday party at an apartment in Cleveland.
Cleveland police say the child identified by the Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH’-guh) County Medical Examiner’s Office as Tyshaun Taylor was shot around 9:30 p.m. Saturday and two juveniles carried him to a corner to flag down help. Police say the child was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A police statement says officers were told that a 16-year-old male had been hosting a birthday party at the apartment when the shooting occurred.
No other details of the shooting were immediately released, and no suspects were publicly identified.
Police say their investigation is continuing.
- University in Ohio developing hearing protection for military dogs
- Woman arrested for DUI after RV gets stuck in Taco Bell drive-thru
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- WLU hosts 2019 National Club Football Championship
- National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day