CLEVELAND (AP) — Police say an 11-year-old has been shot and killed while attending a birthday party at an apartment in Cleveland.
Cleveland police say the child identified by the Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH’-guh) County Medical Examiner’s Office as Tyshaun Taylor was shot around 9:30 p.m. Saturday and two juveniles carried him to a corner to flag down help. Police say the child was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A police statement says officers were told that a 16-year-old male had been hosting a birthday party at the apartment when the shooting occurred.
No other details of the shooting were immediately released, and no suspects were publicly identified.
Police say their investigation is continuing.
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- VIDEO: Wright, Brown, Addae discuss loss to Oklahoma State
- VIDEO: Neal Brown frustrated after Mountaineers’ loss to Oklahoma State
- First half setbacks doom Mountaineers in Stillwater
- Free COVID-19 Testing Sites Open in Belmont County