COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – Police say an SUV has crashed into a building in Ohio’s capital city and the driver and his passenger have died.
Columbus police say 51-year-old Jonathan Mitchell apparently lost control of the vehicle on an exit ramp of Interstate 671 and went off the road shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday. Police say the vehicle then hit a tree before crashing into a building near downtown.
The police release says the Columbus man and his female passenger were pronounced dead at the scene. The passenger wasn’t immediately identified.
Police said no other injuries were reported. There was major damage to the building.
- Ohio woman arrested after DUI crash in Ohio County
- Ohio woman reportedly tased and arrested by an officer for not wearing a mask at football game
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: DHHR confirms 6 new COVID-19 related deaths; 202 positive cases