BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – The mystery behind the disappearance of a Belmont County couple still has authorities baffled a year and a half later.
Brian Goff and Joni Davis suddenly vanished without a trace on June 10 of last year.
As the Sheriff’s Departments in both Belmont and Jefferson counties continue their investigation, the FBI has joined in to track down any leads.
Although the family remains without answers, loved ones do believe that someone out there has information regarding the case.
There’s no sign of the car. No sign of them. There’s no trace of them using the credit cards or spending money or anything anywhere. The cell phone is gone. Obviously, something very bad has happened to them.Jackie Davis, Joni’s sister
If we get a lead or something to follow up on next week, next month, however long it takes, we’ll always follow up on these leads. That’s why we want to thank the public for calling us with something they might think isn’t a big huge lead, but any tip is helpful.Det. Sgt. Doug Cruse of the Belmont County Sheriff’s Department
This story will continue on WTRF-CBS and WTRF-ABC at 11 p.m. as 7News Reporter D.K. Wright brings you a special report on this mystery.
- House Dems urge Senate lawmakers to review police reform bill
- Wheeling Planning Commission postpones GC&P public hearing
- Poll shows second stimulus check needed to help Americans pay bills
- Gov. Justice threatens to shutdown reopening if people don’t comply with mask order
- High School sports start dates pushed back in WV