NEWTON, W.Va. (AP) – A West Virginia firefighter has died when his volunteer fire department’s truck crashed while responding to an emergency call.
The city of Spencer says Mark Horwich was killed Saturday when the fire truck went off a narrow road en route to a structure fire in Roane County. The accident happened near the community of Newton. Horwich was a member of the Clover Volunteer Fire Department.
Gov. Jim Justice expressed his condolences on Twitter to Horwich’s family and the community.
The Roane County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the accident, which closed the road for several hours.
- 13-year-old in earns his 4th associate’s degrees
- What’s re-opening in Ohio today?
- What’s re-opening in West Virginia today?
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds a 10:30 AM news conference on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- 2-faced kitten Biscuits and Gravy dies