CADIZ, OHIO (WTRF) — Harrison County will be entering phase 1-B of their COVID-19 vaccine rollout next week.
This comes after phase 1-A where healthcare workers and EMS personnel received the first dose of the vaccine.
Harrison County Health Department Administrator Garen Rhome says they will begin next week with vaccinations for those who are 80 years or older.
The vaccine distribution will take place at the Harrison County Health Department, but other locations could open in the future.
He says all plans are tentative depending on the when and how much of the vaccine that they receive, but after the first week they plan to make the vaccine available to more people.
“Phase 1B eligible populations, first and foremost with a goal of saving lives, is going to be aged based. It’s 65 and older. Then we have to triage that grouping down even further into 80+, then 75+, then 70+, then 65+ over the coming weeks.”Garen Rhome – Harrison County Health Department Administrator
Rhome urges you to visit their website or call 740-942-2616 to participate in their survey, so they can plan how and where to distribute the vaccine in the future.
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- CDC cancels second vaccine appointments due to short supplies
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym