UPDATE 6:43 P.M. — Ohio State Highway Patrol has confirmed the deceased body was thirty-two year old Erica L. McClain.
Investigators were able to use personal items found at the scene in the positive identification of McClain. The exact cause of death of McClain remains under investigation.
Investigators are asking that anyone with information regarding this incident contact them at (740) 439-1388.
HARRISON COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF)- A woman in her late 20s or early 30s was found dead along Route 250 at Tappan Lake by passing drivers at 7:39 a.m. on Wednesday.
Sgt. Robert Bodo of the Ohio State Highway Patrol said her body was off the roadway, lying between the guard rail and the white edge line.
Sgt. Bodo said they have narrowed the time frame of her appearance there to be between 7:15 and 7:39 a.m., because a trooper passed there at 7:15 and she was not there.
She had injuries that could have been caused by being struck by a vehicle or by being ejected from one.Sgt. Robert Bodo, Ohio State Highway Patrol
The sergeant said items including a handbag, wallet, glasses, shoes and a piece of clothing were found scattered on County Road 22, near where it meets Route 250.
There were no IDs found among the possessions, but they believe they may have an idea about her identity.
He said no traces of a vehicle have been found, and no one has come forward.
Sgt. Bodo added it was extremely foggy in the area at that time.
- ‘Friends’-themed cruise to set sail in May 2022, offer ‘immersive vacation experience’ for fans
- WATCH: Alonzo Addae’s decision to return to WVU football in 2021
- Benefit for Jaymison Redman hosted by Hines & Friends set for tomorrow at Quaker Steak & Lube
- Eddie Olczyk of Pittsburgh Penguins fame will be part of the Herald-Star Speaker Series on Sept. 22
- Austin mass shooting: 13 hospitalized after attack on 6th Street