Steubenville, OH (WTRF)- The Jefferson County grand jury indicted former Diocese of Steubenville comptroller David A. Franklin, on seven counts.
Those counts are:
- Two counts of aggravated theft by control without consent
- Two counts of theft by deception
- One count of receiving stolen property
- One count of falsification
- One count of defrauding creditors.
The indictments allege Franklin failed to deliver the bequest of a last will and testament, in excess of $150,000, to the Society for the Propagation of the Faith. It also alleges Franklin received stolen property in order to pay himself more than $150,000 in unauthorized bonus money and unauthorized compensation from 2004-2017.
Franklin, who now resides in Independence, Kentucky, was diocesan comptroller from 1985-2017.
- High heat on the way for Monday
- Man killed in crash on Saffell Church Road
- Local flower shop delivers despite pandemic challenges
- Senator Manchin introduces ACCESS the Internet Act
- Two local legends honored with wrestling lifetime service plaques