Mingo Junction, OH (WTRF)- JSW Steel in Mingo Junction, OH has sent a WARN notice to the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services to lay off 160 employees at its location at 1500 Commercial Ave.
JSW says in the WARN notice that they hope the layoff will last less than 6 months.
The first set of layoffs will start on July 17 and will conclude around July 31. The second set of layoffs will begin on or about August 1 and will conclude on or about Aug 15.
JSW says the layoffs are being done in conjunction with the temporary cessation of production at the facility due to unforeseeable business circumstances in connection with the current COVID-19 pandemic facing our nation.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Thursday update: DeWine, Husted to speak at 2 p.m.
- Feds: Ohio man pleads guilty to purchasing tiger skin rug
- Columbus City Schools suspends in-person athletics and extracurricular activities
- Marijuana could interact with your prescription meds: What you need to know
- Police arrest suspect in Steubenville shooting this morning