GLEN DALE, W.Va. (WTRF) – Thursday afternoon, working with the Marshall County Health Department, Marshall County Schools has confirmed one new positive case of COVID-19 at John Marshall High School.
The confirmed case was contracted through community spread and not from infection transmission within the school.
Today’s confirmed case is unrelated to the cases reported yesterday and last week
Based on the guidance from the West Virginia Department of Education, the school will continue to
operate as normal on the current four-day in-person learning with remote learning every Wednesday.
Cleaning, wearing face coverings and using plexiglass dividers will continue daily at the school.
Contact tracing has been completed by the Marshall County Health Department and those in direct
contact with the person testing positive will be notified and no additional action is necessary at this
In accordance with privacy laws, information specific to these cases will not be released publicly,
however, details are being made available to keep the community informed of the transmission of
- City offices start their move to OVMC
- Start time set for WVU football game vs. Kansas State
- Free Covid-19 testing in Hancock and Brooke Counties
- Newsfeed Now: Man climbs Trump Tower; Titans owner helps family in need
- Man in custody after hanging off Trump Tower for more than 13 hours