(LONDON-CNN) A new study suggests using CBD could help people who abuse marijuana.
On Tuesday, the medical journal The Lancet Psychiatry published a 2015 study that looked a people with cannabis use disorder.
This disorder occurs when pot use impairs a person’s psychological, physical or social functioning.
Researchers say they looked at 82 people who fit that criteria.
They found that treating the disorder with cannabidiol, or CBD, could possibly reduce the patients’ pot use.
CBD is a chemical found in marijuana.
The team says they used medical-grade CBD that was safe, and they saw no serious adverse effects during the study.
- WVU Hall of Famer Gyorko to serve as Black Bears manager during 2021 season
- West Virginia Man Charged After Allegedly Throwing A ‘Baby Rocker’ At An Individual Holding A Baby
- Lawmaker seeks to cap property tax increases for middle-income Ohioans
- Patrol investigates Ohio Statehouse break-in, vandalism
- Hey remote workers! Ready to move to a friendlier city?