Wheeling Police detectives are investigating after a man’s body was found in the Woodsdale area of Wheeling around 9 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Officers were flagged down by a person who discovered the body in a wooded area off National Road across from Heiskell Avenue – also known as ‘Chicken Neck Hill.’
An exact cause of death is unknown, however, based on the initial assessment of the scene, foul play does not appear to be a concern. The body will be taken to the West Virginia Medical Examiner’s Office in Charleston, W.Va. for an autopsy and positive identification.
WTRF.com will keep you updated as more information is available
- Fire department bids final farewell to one of their own
- Hunger in West Virginia, not just a pandemic problem
- Workforce West Virginia rolls out survey; looking to better prepare employers
- There hasn’t been a July this dry in recorded history in the Ohio Valley
- West Virginia Catholic schools return in-person