Wheeling Police detectives are investigating after a man’s body was found in the Woodsdale area of Wheeling around 9 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Officers were flagged down by a person who discovered the body in a wooded area off National Road across from Heiskell Avenue – also known as ‘Chicken Neck Hill.’
An exact cause of death is unknown, however, based on the initial assessment of the scene, foul play does not appear to be a concern. The body will be taken to the West Virginia Medical Examiner’s Office in Charleston, W.Va. for an autopsy and positive identification.
WTRF.com will keep you updated as more information is available
- Fatal vehicle crash on US 22 in Harrison County
- “Drive Sober Or Get Pulled Over” campaign is in full swing through Labor Day weekend
- Attorney General Morrisey Affirms Concealed Carry Recognition with Kentucky, Four Other States
- Valley Grove VFD’s trailer is missing
- Rep. McKinley takes closure of OVMC/EORH to a federal level