New Martinsville, W.Va. (WTRF)- The Wetzel County Health Department has issued that Magnolia High School stop extracurricular activities for two weeks.
The stoppage is due to a COVID-19 outbreak that occurred in the community, not at the school.
Officials say they were concerned that siblings in the school could pass it to one another.
Superintendent Ed Toman told 7News that they are considering doing the same with Paden City and Hundred High schools.
Wetzel/ Tyler County health officials say that they had 8 new positive COVID-19 cases overnight.
- A Mother’s Day Message From WTRF
- Single-family homes increase in price by $36,000 due to lumber shortage: study
- Coronavirus in W.Va.: no deaths and 405 new cases
- Apple’s AirTag tracker will probably help you find your stuff, but there are privacy concerns when it comes to people
- Mountaineers muster one hit and one run in Oklahoma series finale