MCMECHEN, W.Va. (WTRF) — The McMechen Police Department reported Tuesday on its Facebook page that another needle was found in the city, this time in an area where children play. No one was injured.
Authorities are considering means to handle the problem including the use of sharps containers, and they ask that anyone witnessing a person “carelessly” disposing of needles call the police.
The needle issue has arisen before in McMechen with a young boy being “stuck” by one in August. He reportedly was okay after the incident.
Follow 7News for updates to this story.
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Man convicted of sex crimes walks free in Marshall County after judge catches ‘fatal flaws’ in grand jury transcript
- Mountaineer Round-up: Goetz gets WVU golf a big win at home
- Breezy with showers Thursday
- Test optional: The push to remove SAT/ACT scores from college applications