MOUNDSVILLE, W.Va. (WTRF)- A 24-year-old Moundsville woman is currently hospitalized at WVU Medicine Reynolds Memorial Hospital after two pit bulls attacked her Tuesday afternoon.
Police said one of the dogs ran out of the location, jumped and pushed the victim down, while the other dog bit the woman’s face, back and arms.
A neighbor did intervene. Police said the woman’s severe injuries would be a lot worse ifthat neighbor hadn’t tried to save her.
Police believe the woman will have to be transported to either a Pittsburgh hospital or to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown.
The dogs were taken to the Marshall County Animal Shelter, where they are on a 10 day bite quarantine.
One of the owners did sign over one of the dogs to the animal shelter.
Police stated charges are currently pending on the owners.
The Marshall County Animal Shelter said it would be up to the court if the dogs would be put down.
- Ohio schools can soon begin applying for grants to equip students with internet devices
- Doctors Without Borders: Fewer migrants heading north seeking asylum
- WV Corrections continues close watch on COVID-19 numbers at jail
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening
- Clear masks for the deaf being crafted in Lafayette