Moundsville, W.Va. (WTRF) – A COVID-19 outbreak has occurred at Stonerise Moundsville, formally known as the Mound View Skilled Nursing Home.
The Stonerise Moundsville website shows that the long term care facility is home to 85 patients.
Stonerise tells 7News that 81 patients tested positive for Coronavirus.
The DHHR currently calls Stonerise an outbreak with those numbers.
We expect to see a spike once again, more of an increase, after thanksgiving because we know people are going to be getting together. We had hoped that the governor would potentially be starting to do a little bit of shutdowns and things. Not major but some minor shutting down of facilities but he did not do that today.
Mark Ackermann – Threat Preparedness Director
Stick with 7News for updates.
- ODOT crews in full force in Eastern Ohio for snow, ice
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Ohio County is now “orange” on the WV DHHR map