The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.
Both soldiers died February 8, 2020 in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan, as a result of wounds sustained while engaged in combat operations. The incident is under investigation.
The deceased are:
Sgt. 1st Class* Javier Jaguar Gutierrez, 28, of San Antonio, Texas.
Sgt. 1st Class* Antonio Rey Rodriguez, 28, of Las Cruces, New Mexico.
* indicates posthumous promotion
Both soldiers were assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.
- K-9 Spartan’s last call: Marshall County community, sheriff deputy says goodbye to his best friend
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- DA: Man charged with kidnapping Amish woman feared ‘harmed’
- Hundreds come out for Marshall County Health Department free COVID-19 testing
- WV high school sports season pushed back; sports fans react