The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.
Both soldiers died February 8, 2020 in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan, as a result of wounds sustained while engaged in combat operations. The incident is under investigation.
The deceased are:
Sgt. 1st Class* Javier Jaguar Gutierrez, 28, of San Antonio, Texas.
Sgt. 1st Class* Antonio Rey Rodriguez, 28, of Las Cruces, New Mexico.
* indicates posthumous promotion
Both soldiers were assigned to 3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.
- Home game vs. Baylor set for noon kick
- WATCH LIVE Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds a 12:30 PM press briefing on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- Free Covid-19 testing in Ohio County today
- Zach’s Monday Noon Update
- Belmont County commissioners may reopen some senior centers by late Oct.