ARLINGTON COUNTY, Va. (CNN) — The Few. The Proud. The Marines. We all know the slogan.
November 10, the day before Veterans Day, also marks another special day for service members.
It honors the establishment of the U.S. Marine Corps.
The military branch started way back in 1775 as part of the U.S. Navy, leading up to the American Revolution.
The recruiting headquarters was in the Tun Tavern in Philadelphia.
That’s considered the birthplace of the Marines.
Today, Marine Corps members are proud to say they’re the first in and last out during military conflict.
If you know a Marine, thank them for their service!
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Warm sunshine this weekend
- Trump campaign keeps pushing for earlier debate
- Trump administration announces federal prison count is lowest in nearly 20 years
- Harleys everywhere, masks nowhere: Sturgis Rally drawing thousands