WASHINGTON (WTRF) – The United States Navy is joining the Marines in their ban of Confederate battle flags.
Confederate battle flag displays will be prohibited from all bases, ships, aircrafts and submarines. Chief of Naval Operations, Michael A. Gilday, directed his staff to begin preparing an order on Tuesday.
According to a tweet by the Chief of Naval Operations, the order is being implemented to ensure ‘unit cohesion’ and to ‘uphold the Navy’s core values.’
- #KeysToTheGame: Breece Hall will put WVU’s defense to the test
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: DeWine schedules briefing to outline vaccine distribution plan
- 2-year-old girl dies in WV house fire, man injured
- WATCH LIVE Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds an 11:00 AM press briefing on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- Hancock County moves into “red” advisory on WV County Alert Map