MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – A two-year-old child has died as a result of a house fire in Monongalia County, according to a tweet made by the West Virginia State Fire Marshal’s Office’s Twitter account on Friday.
The post stated that a house fire occurred at a residence on Days Run Road in Monongalia County on Thursday, Dec. 3. Marshals said that three of the house occupants escaped the fire, but a two-year-old female child was unable to get out.
Marshals also said that an adult male is currently at West Penn Burn Center for treatment. According to the post, the cause of the fire is undetermined at this time and remains under investigation.
- ODOT crews in full force in Eastern Ohio for snow, ice
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Ohio County is now “orange” on the WV DHHR map