NEW YORK (CNN) – There’s a push to honor former President Barack Obama in New York City.
A petition to name part of Fifth Street between 56th and 57th Streets “President Barack H. Obama Avenue” is gathering momentum on the website MoveOn.org.
As early as Wednesday morning, more than 86,000 signatures had been collected.
The petition was started by Elizabeth Rowin. She told Newsweek that the whole thing started as a joke.
If New York authorities honor the petition and change the name of the street, it would mean Trump Tower in Manhattan would be located on President Barack H. Obama Avenue.
- Bettors leaning heavily toward home teams making Super Bowl
- Poll ranks Governor Justice as eighth most unpopular governor in U.S.
- Father, Daughter Claim DEA Seized $82,000 Worth Of Life Savings At Pittsburgh International Airport
- Deaf man sues PornHub over lack of closed captions
- Winter returns to the Valley this weekend