GROVEPORT, OH (WCMH) — Madison Township police say an alligator was found in the basement of a Groveport home.
According to the Madison Township Police Department, on Thursday, officers received a report of an alligator being penned in the basement of a residence.
The Ohio Department of Agriculture was notified, and informed police residents did not have a valid exotic animal permit required by the state.
Ohio wildlife officials responded to the scene where the property owner voluntarily surrendered the animal.
The 25-year-old alligator will be sent to an animal sanctuary in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, according to police.
- WV Saturday education map shows Wetzel and Tyler counties moving to orange advisory
- WV daily county alert system map moves Ohio County to orange
- Finding ammo becomes a hunt in itself as more hunters find empty shelves the last weekend of rifle season
- President-elect Biden urges congress, Trump to pass COVID-19 relief, saying ‘Americans need help and they need it now’
- Pres. Trump asks Georgia governor for help overturning Biden’s election victory in the state