BROOKE COUNTY (WTRF) — After a vote at the meeting tonight, the Board of Education says there will be no further discussion of Public Resource Officer contracts at future meetings until more information is available.
They said the topic will not be placed on board agendas until they hear something back from the Brooke County Commission.
The Board is ensuring parents there is security at the schools, and the students are safe.
Right now– their offer is to pay 75 percent of the resource officers salary, but there has been no counter offer yet.
This is a developing story so stay with 7News as we continue to bring you the latest information regarding P-R-O’s.
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Man convicted of sex crimes walks free in Marshall County after judge catches ‘fatal flaws’ in grand jury transcript
- Mountaineer Round-up: Goetz gets WVU golf a big win at home
- Breezy with showers Thursday
- Test optional: The push to remove SAT/ACT scores from college applications