MOUNDSVILLE, W.Va. (WTRF) – A Monroe County man faces embezzlement and fraud charges after turning himself in on Monday.
Kenneth Werkau admitted to authorities that he embezzled around $85,000 in gift cards and another $35,000 in cash from the Walmart in Moundsville.
The former Walmart employee also says he sent the money to his online girlfriend that he never met in-person and who claimed to live in Belgium.
Werkau was booked in the Northern Regional Jail.
- Healthplex pays to keep roof over Ohio Valley families
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Ohio Valley police chief reacts to Minneapolis death
- Slight risk of severe storms late Friday
- Trump’s order on social media regulation raises concerns