MOUNDSVILLE, W.Va. (WTRF) – A Monroe County man faces embezzlement and fraud charges after turning himself in on Monday.
Kenneth Werkau admitted to authorities that he embezzled around $85,000 in gift cards and another $35,000 in cash from the Walmart in Moundsville.
The former Walmart employee also says he sent the money to his online girlfriend that he never met in-person and who claimed to live in Belgium.
Werkau was booked in the Northern Regional Jail.
- Emily’s Wednesday a.m. forecast
- Chilly with nice dose of sunshine today
- Strong Third Quarter Lifts Park Past Oak Glen
- Shadyside’s Hendershot Athlete Of The Week
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast