FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – A Florida woman who ran her car into a group of bicyclists, killing two people, will avoid jail time.
The Sun Sentinel reports that 34-year-old Nicole Vanderweit pleaded no contest this week to careless driving in Broward County court.
Besides having her license suspended for six months, she must pay court costs, attend a four-hour driving improvement class and serve 120 hours of community service.
Authorities say Vanderweit’s car struck a group of riders from the Cycling Family Broward club on a Davie street in November 2018.
Denise Marsh and Carlos Rodriguez were both killed. Five others were injured.
- Lawmakers call on Trump Administration to do more about Russian meddling in election
- Best Girl Scout Cookie?! Justin Timberlake weighs in
- UPDATE: 2 Fairmont men arraigned on murder charges in fatal shooting of WVU student at College Park apartments
- Health Department reporting zero cases of Coronavirus in Marshall County
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast