CLEVELAND (AP/cleveland.com) — A pair of robbers apologized profusely after saying they broke into the wrong Cleveland apartment but robbed the man inside anyway.
Police reports say the robbers repeatedly told the man they wouldn’t hurt him but had to get something out of the break-in. Cleveland.com reports no arrests have been made in the Wednesday robbery.
The 32-year-old resident wasn’t harmed. Police reports say the man heard noises on his fire escape about 2 a.m., opened a window and found two men pointing guns at him.
Despite their mistake, the robbers took the man’s video game player, shoes, clothes, cash and iPhone.
- Living in New York City During the Pandemic
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- As first stimulus check looms, lawmakers working towards next round of relief
- COVID-19 racial disparities: Lawmakers call for action